Physical therapists facilitate a child'sage-appropriate gross motor skills. Therapy focuses on improving muscle flexibility, muscle strength, balance and coordination, endurance, motor planning, motor control and body and safety awareness. Treatment regimes include: stretching, strengthening, gait training, balance and coordination training, sensory integration, and object manipulation skills.
Our physical therapists can help
- Improve motor planning and coordination.
- Improve balance.
- Improve overall strength.
- Improve overall endurance.
- Improve functional mobility (crawling, walking, running)
- Improve body and safety awareness.
- Improve ability to problem solve.
- Assist with increasing overall internal organization, focus, and attention.
- Improve coping skills and work behaviors.